Sunday, December 29, 2013

Addicted to Pleasure - Whisky



With drinking whisky for a while and being a Jock, I got to be curious on the history of the Dram how it came about, the history of my homeland, looking on line, reading about it, it was boring, as people who know me know I’m not much of a reader, actually if it’s something long winded, I get bored and stop, Ha-ha I hear then say in the gallery…… long winded! Read your own Blog. Well it could be some are long winded. LOL.
 
 
In this you tube video, I found informative and interesting, actor Brian Cox has a series of videos revealing as they say the rich and controversial past of sugar, alcohol, tobacco and opium to uncover how the commercial exploitation of these products hooked the world. In this last episode in the series he reveals how whisky was born and how it challenged the tax man; finally succumb to the British tax system, and how that history established the Scottish national drink, then the leading to the alcoholic jakey or in proper English, addiction and the social problem with the Scottish drinking.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment