Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Loch Fyne Whisky of the year




Oh god I hear you cry not another Malt of the year!
Well yes this ones from Loch Fyne Whiskies, I just want to share with you all what the Malts are of the year from various sectors then finally I will give you my useless opinion on what my Malt of the year is.
 
This one is Mortlach bottled by Gordon and Macphail, a 21 year old bottled at 43% ABV.
 
They write
Novel colour for a Mortlach, no iota of a dark over-sherry-wooded mahogany brown, this gem is pale gold, and reflects the superb disposition of the whisky. A nose of bananas, esters, custard creams, slightly tobacco, greengrocers, beeswax and much more. Away from the sherry mask Mortlach’s fruit complexity is revealed. What a beauty with a superb nose. The mouth is cool with excellent balance; creamy fruit salad in a perfect fruit syrup, this is very good, a typical Speyside single malt Scotch Whisky. With a light tobacco-tar finish.Be careful adding water, it’s explosive! A crossfire hurricane, elastoplasts, lemons, oranges, hot buttered toasted oak with honey, An absolute ace and a pleasure to make its acquaintance at last.
 
Is it any good….Well get a bottle and see for yourself, for me there are better Malts around and defiantly not from the independent bottlers would I have a Malt of the year.
 
 
Remember its only my useless opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment